Saturday 5 September 2015

Clarifying the rules on brown sauce

I like to think I am not a fussy eater but there are some things which do matter. 
Last week I was offered Co-Op own brand brown sauce in one of those plastic upside down squeezee style bottles. 
I happen to know some people that refuse to shop in the Co-Op because 'its profits go to the Labour Party', but I would not allow politics to get in the way of my shopping habits. My first job was with the Co-Op (I was made redundant!) and I have continued to shop with them because I think they provide a different form of competition to the other supermarkets.
However that support cannot extend to something so wrong as its own brand brown sauce.
Surely everyone knows that the only brown sauce which can be put on your chips in polite company is HP in a glass bottle - and it must never be kept in the fridge.
Harold Wilson knew this.

Graham

NB - I have been asked to clarify the rules on tomato sauce as well. These are actually not so strict. Tomato sauce - or red sauce as it can also be known when its origins are questionable - is best served in a large plastic imitation tomato on a formica table in the caff. Eating tomato sauce at home is only for children. For this Heinz is best but own brands are ok - even the Co-Op budget version can be used. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment