Friday 20 November 2015

And anyone else that knows me

Popmaster on Radio 2's morning show presented by Ken Bruce can be strangely compulsive.
Guess the year is fun. Why is the contestant nearly always one year out?
It's impressive when some pop brainbox gets 30 plus points and qualifies for the Champions League Popmaster. I reckon I could do that if all the questions were on Chas 'n' Dave - otherwise I would struggle to get more than one right answer.
I'd still like to go on just for the bit at end when Ken says,
"Would you like to say hello to anyone?"
The contestant usually replies,
"Yes Ken" before launching into a long list of family, friends, workmates, neighbours, distant relatives and old school chums before finishing with the immortal words "and anyone else that knows me."
I have never actually known anyone who has been on Popmaster and therefore always feel mildly left out at this point. Thinking about it though would I not been even more upset if I did know the person taking part but they had not named me and simply lumped me in the  'anyone else that they know' category of second degree importance?
All this leads me to think that when I do go on the Chas 'n' Dave Special Edition Popmaster and Ken asks me,
"Would you like to say a few hellos?"
I will simply reply,
"No thanks Ken".

No comments:

Post a Comment